My first yarn giveaway competition
In celebration of my fantastic new website, and also getting some new chicks (again) I’ve decided that it was about time that I gave something away. So as part of my new quarterly giveaways I’ve decided to put a skein of my hand spun up for grabs.
so what do you have to do in order to be in with a chance of winning? Well here in lies the fun part.
Remember, I just mentioned that I have new chicks? Well one of them needs a name…
So far I’ve managed to name three out of four chicks but I thought I would be a bit of fun for someone else to name one for me, afterall there are only so many names I can think of, so here come a few rules.
- I need a Hen and a Rooster name, as I’m not sure if he/she is a hen or a cockerel, so don’t forget to post 2 names in your comment box.
- Be creative, Formal titles are also acceptable and a good laugh, for example I have one hen called “Lady Bumfuff” and another “Lady Von Poofy Head” the wackier the better!!
- please post name entries in a comment box on this tread and not my Facebook page.
- No rude or crude names, although I will moderate the posts.
- The following names are/were taken by my flock and cannot be repeated:
- Flo (Florence)
- The Amazing Olive
- Lady Bumfluff
- Mavis the Magnificent
- Lady Von Poofy Head
- Buffy the Worm Slayer
And the names of past flock members:
- Cinio (welsh for Dinner)
- Cluck Norris
And that’s about it really; I’m not going to make it compulsory for you to like my Facebook fan page, although if you do want to the link is here however that’s totally up to you.
The competition will run for 1 month so from April 25th until May 25th. The entries will then be judged and selected by the guys at hoffi and the winner will be announced on my blog and Facebook page within one week after the competition has ended.
So here’s a picture of the little chick that needs a name…
And here’s the Yarn thats up for grabs
Name the Chick Handspun
76 Mtrs/ 83 Yds
So have fun thinking of names and goodluck!!